Mon, May 10|
Seafarers Worldwide Career Training
Proficiency in Survival Craft
Time & Location
May 10, 2021, 8:00 AM – May 13, 2021, 4:30 PM
Seafarers Worldwide Career Training, 301 30th St, Anacortes, WA 98221, USA
About the Course
Course Duration: 4 Days (32 Hours)
In an emergency, the lifeboat crew is responsible for ensuring the safety of everyone assigned to their survival craft, which could mean civilian passengers. The Seafarers Worldwide crew is committed to making authentic training equipment available to everyone who needs this certification. With two waterfront gravity davits in the Puget Sound and others constructed around the country at partner schools, there is no substitute for the experience gained in this training.
In this course you will:
- Operate Life-Saving Appliances and take charge of a Survival Craft or Rescue Boat during or after launch
- Operate a Survival Craft engine
- Manage survivors and Survival Craft after abandoning ship
- Know the correct use of all locating devices, including communication and signaling apparatuses and pyrotechnics
- Learn how to apply first aid to survivors and the actions to take to preserve lives
This course satisfies Chapter VI, Section A-VI/2-1, and Table A- VI/2-l of the STCW Code, and the requirements of 46 CFR 12.407(b)(3) for endorsements for Lifeboatman and PSC, and all practical demonstration requirements as guided by the PSC NVIC 04-14. Applicants are not required to present the completed record of assessment sheets when applying for STCW endorsement.
*Before you register, please click here for our Covid-19 safety practices. Call 206-659-7178 or email email@example.com for more information.