Fri, Jul 01|
Seafarers Worldwide Career Training
Crisis Management and Human Behavior
Time & Location
Jul 01, 2022, 8:00 AM – Jul 02, 2022, 4:30 PM
Seafarers Worldwide Career Training, 301 30th St STE C, Anacortes, WA 98221, USA
About the Course
Course Duration: 8 Hours
A crew’s emergency preparedness regarding both the adequacy of procedures and emergency resources are key to minimizing personal injury and property damage in a disaster. Moreover, knowledge of human behavior is fundamental in all emergency management and should be taken into consideration concerning all aspects of emergency response.
The six modules of the course have been based on the following documents, adapting their contents to mass evacuation and critical situations management on large passenger ships:
- IMO Model Course 1.28, Crowd management, passenger safety and safety training for personnel. Providing direct services to passengers in passenger spaces.
- IMO Model course 1.29, Proficiency in crisis management and human behavior training including passenger safety, cargo safety, and hull integrity training
In This Course You Will:
- Learn the principles of Crowd Management,
- Understand the need for a Crowd Management Plan
- Learn to Manage Crisis
- Define response to a crisis and normal versus abnormal behavior
- Understand Warning Phases, reactions to crisis warning and methods to maximize an effective response
- Preform the Evacuation Phase, both negative and positive behaviors that will affect evacuation
- Understand the Post Incident Phase, behavioral responses after an emergency or crisis incident has occurred
*Before you register, please click here for our Covid-19 safety practices. Call 206-659-7178 or email email@example.com for more information.